<$BlogRSDUrl$>

A Man trying to change his life

Sunday, July 18, 2004

Just thought I would type for a little while to give my mind a little exercise.  Nothing of any real importance but I do appreciate you taking the time out to read my blog.    What job is out there for me, just another fucking truckstop job?  I sure hope not.  What will become of me once I get out to Portland Oregon?  I really want to try to get on a newspaper or magazine but I do not have any schooling on the matter.  So how would one go about getting a job for a newspaper/magazine?  Maybe, I should just try and publish something myself.  Then again who would want to buy my stuff?  No one I know except maybe my family.  Then again I would probably have to just give them a copy anyway.  I believe I am in some dire need for some real input on my current situation.  Moving to Portland with no job and all but actually hating my current job the conflicting thing of my life being a Vegan and cooking Truckstop food for a living and that being the only real experience I have so how would I go about becoming what I really want I guess I am going to have to suffer with a crappy job until I can get back into school and actually take some classes but then again even if I get it degree it does not mean that I will be able to get a job doing what I really want to do in life. I would like to be a professional writer but I also believe that I am living in the wrong time period.  If only I could have been my age in the early 1920's perhaps then I could have gotten a job with The New Yorker or something like that and write for them for a living but now it seems to be so hard to actually get a job with out having done something spectacular that they would want you on their payroll.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to read your Thoughts and Opinions. Thank you

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?